[Design and Technology] furniture exhibition at NGV

Robin Panousieris panousieris at bigpond.com
Fri Mar 21 17:00:05 EST 2014

For all those Product Design teachers taking students to Top Designs it is
an easy trip to Fed. Square for lunch and an extra treat - a hit of some of
the most iconic furniture and interior designs from the 1950s, 60s and 70s.

May 30 - Oct 19 The Ian Potter Gallery (Federation Square) has a furniture
exhibition focusing on furniture after WW2 with Grant and Mary Featherston
chairs, Krimper and including Marian Hall Best interior designer works - I
love her textiles and wall paper patterns.  The iconic Rondo chair will be
there.

This is probably one of the best furniture exhibitions we will see for
years, the last one was that brilliant Grant and Mary Featherston furniture
but some of you weren't born when that was on !

There could be a fee as Adults (16 years above) are charged $10.

Let's hope that Grace Di Muzio and her team are able to put at least one
Professional Development day together for the teachers as we all know that
the NGV education team run the best PDs ever.

Robin Panousieris