[Design and Technology] fridges that prevent food wastage !

Robin Panousieris panousieris at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 12 17:46:01 EST 2014

Hi all,

Last Saturday's Age had an interesting article that related design value
adding.  This is a good article for VCE.  I include a quote from the article
to grab your interest as I often read posts about good articles but am too
busy at the time to open and read the actual article.  Mind you I can't find
the "recently posted TED talk" on this topic.  Let me know if you can.

" Leyla Acaroglu, director of Eco-Innovators, has just produced an
interactive Good Design Guide to encourage designers to solve issues around
overconsumption. The tendency to overfill and reboil our
high-energy-consuming kettles is one target. But it's the increasing size of
fridges, the poor seals on crispers and the egregious purchase-and-forget
process of food storage that is firmly in her sights. In the $8 billion
worth of food we waste annually, the fridge is a ''serial offender'', she
says."

Robin Panousieris

Assumption College Kilmore

Read more: