[Design and Technology] New grad - looking for some project inspiration

Pat McHale patmchale at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 16:12:19 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

I have one term of teaching DT under my belt now and I am wondering what projects you are running for your various year levels. Here is a list of some of the projects I have had experience with so far:

Year 8 - automata; vinyl plotter name-plates and sandblasted mirrors; bridge building.
Year 9 - Jewelry making; 3D printed USB sticks or rings.
Year 10 - children's chairs with an educational component - CNC routing incorporated here.
Year 11 - Group-work project making 'bar style' stools.

Any information you can provide would be a big help. Hopefully it will also give our community a good insight into what other DT teachers are up to.

Thanks,

Pat McHale