[Design and Technology] Insight 2013 answers

Arnott, Suzanne S arnott.suzanne.s at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Oct 23 10:54:55 EST 2013

Beautifully put Jill

Sent from my iPad

On 23/10/2013, at 10:45 AM, "Jill Livett" <livett.teched at bigpond.com<mailto:livett.teched at bigpond.com>> wrote:

Concern about copyright

In response to this email forum stream - could all teachers please be sensitive about copyright issues.By sharing documents likes these through email forums, teachers breach copyright, as the documents are being used outside the agreed purchased terms. We at DATTA Vic are concerned that this agreement has been breached. All PD&T teachers should practise what we teach in terms of respecting copyright ownership and intellectual property.

Last year, there was a lot of concern because no PD&T trial exams were commercially produced. If we want a company to continue to provide practice exams for PD&T teachers (a fairly small market) it has to be financially viable for them. Sharing their copyrighted material undermines that viability.

Thanks
Jill Livett
President, DATTA Vic