[Design and Technology] 3d printers

Michael Davies michaeld at sjc.vic.edu.au
Fri Nov 2 08:02:28 EST 2012

Hi John,

We have just purchased two 3d printers from 3d printing systems.  www.3DPrintingSystems.com<http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com>

One is used in the IT CAD class. The students can print their designs and it has been a great hit.
They can get feedback on how their designs actually work in the real world.
The other one is in the Systems Engineering area and hopefully will be used by students next year in units ¾ primarily to create parts for their productions.
Both printers were easy to set up and we had them running the day of arrival.
Feel free to make contact if you want any more information.

Regards Mike Davies

Systems Engineering
St Joseph's College
Newtown, Geelong