[Design and Technology] New Animation This is Your Life Cycle - available now!!

David Fletcher dgfletch at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jun 20 21:29:14 EST 2012

From: Jill Livett [mailto:livett.teched at bigpond.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 19 June 2012 4:30 PM

Hi DATTA Australia colleagues

DATTA Vic is excited to announce the launch of the animation "This is your
Life Cycle" and it's supporting resources. We have been working with Leyla
Acaroglu (Eco Innovators) for over 6 months to develop targeted resources
for the classroom - resources that engage students and challenge them to
think about and make sustainable design choices.

The first stage of our work together has just been launched. The animation
is 'content rich' - lots of ideas explained in a short time frame. It is
intended to be an introduction to the concept of Life Cycle Assessment, with
the resources explaining this concept and other EcoDesign principles and
strategies in more detail. We hope these resources are useful for a range of
teaching situations across Australia. We welcome any feedback about their
content and ways in which teachers can use them to inform students' design
thinking.

The animation and fact sheet resources are freely available and can be
downloaded from the 'Secret Life of Things' website (look through the other
resources while you're there).

We hope you enjoy the animation and can pass on information about these
resources to your Technology teaching communities

Thanks

Jill Livett

(DATTA Vic)

Launching the exciting new Secret Life of Things Animation "This is Your
Life Cycle" exploring life cycle assessment and eco-design for young design
students

	Email not displaying correctly?

<http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=52af3ee2221ac9656aad1f252&id=43b43e2a67
&e=> View it in your browser.

<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/52af3ee2221ac9656aad1f252/images/this_is_your_
life_cycle_main_image_small36e954.jpg>

<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/52af3ee2221ac9656aad1f252/images/title_small.j
pg>

<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/52af3ee2221ac9656aad1f252/images/ninjinjeans_s
mall.jpg>

<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/52af3ee2221ac9656aad1f252/images/ange_small.1.
jpg>

<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/52af3ee2221ac9656aad1f252/images/ninja_bill_sm
all.1.jpg>

<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/52af3ee2221ac9656aad1f252/images/godfrey_small
.jpg>

<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/52af3ee2221ac9656aad1f252/images/kneels_small.
jpg>

<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/52af3ee2221ac9656aad1f252/images/contestscores
_small.jpg>

<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/52af3ee2221ac9656aad1f252/images/ecodesignstra
t_small.jpg>

Eco Innovators and the Design and Technology Teachers Association Victoria

presents the new animation

This is Your Life Cycle!

The second animation in the award-winning
<http://www.thesecretlifeofthings.com/> Secret Life of Things (SLOT) series.
Taking a game-show format, "This is Your Life Cycle" is a humorous,
tongue-in-cheek nod to popular reality TV makeover shows. Hosted by the
whale Bill Krill, the five-minute animation puts an entertaining spin on the
scientific process of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA). With the contestants -
including a light bulb encrusted dress, a neurotic vacuum cleaner and
un-functional chair - all competing for a sorely needed eco-design makeover,
it's sure to have viewers chuckling as they learn about sustainable design
and consumption.

This new film is the second in a series of three. The first animation,
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJP18eKelws> "Life Pscycle-ology" (2010),
won a Melbourne Design Award, has played at international film festivals and
been viewed by over 50,000 people.

The SLOT project aims to inspire and engage students, in a fun and
accessible way, with the complex issues around Life Cycle Assessment and
environmental sustainability. The new animation was developed by
<http://www.ecoinnovators.com.au/>  Eco Innovators partnership with the
<http://www.datta.vic.edu.au/>  Design and Technology Teachers Association
Victoria (DATTA VIC), with funding from the Department of Education & Early
Childhood Development (DEECD).

The  <http://www.thesecretlifeofthings.com/> Secret Life of Things website,
where the animations are freely available, also houses free e-curriculum
resources for secondary and tertiary teachers and students. Covering a huge
range of topics, from product stewardship to e-waste and eco-design
strategies, these materials help build the environmental literacy and skills
of future designers.

Watch the new animation now >

<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/653153ae841fd11de66ad181a/images/transparent.g
if>

 <https://twitter.com/#!/secretlife_anim> Follow on Twitter | Friend on
Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Secret-Life-of-Things/117364098293902>

<http://us1.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=52af3ee2221ac9656aad1f252&id=43b
43e2a67&e=> Forward to Friend

Copyright C 2012 Eco Innovators Pty Ltd, All rights reserved.
You have received this email because you registered to receive The Secret
Life of Things resources and we thought that you would be interested in this
fantastic sustainability education resource update

Our mailing address is:

Eco Innovators Pty Ltd

Suite 12, Level 11

125 Swanston Street

Melbourne, Victoria 3000

Australia

Add us to your address book
<http://ecoinnovators.us1.list-manage.com/vcard?u=52af3ee2221ac9656aad1f252&
id=76d83ef7fd>

1f252&id=76d83ef7fd&e=&c=43b43e2a67> unsubscribe from this list |
<http://ecoinnovators.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=52af3ee2221ac9656aad1f25
2&id=76d83ef7fd&e=> update subscription preferences