[Design and Technology] What¹s new for 2012 in VCE Product Design and Technology - Free Seminar 7 Dec 1.30pm

Joanne Brodie jeb at aad.edu.au
Mon Nov 28 14:06:12 EST 2011

Hi, this is the last week to register for the upcoming  ³What¹s new for 2012
in VCE Product Design and Technology² seminar at the Australian Academy of
Design.  Further details are below ­ we hope you can make it.

Wednesday 7 December 1.30pm-3.30pm

The Australian Academy of Design invites VCE Design and Technology Teachers
to an afternoon session on the ³What¹s new for 2012 in VCE Product Design
and Technology² curriculum.

> This session will provide an overview of the new structure and changes for
> this offering, including information on:
> - Resources
> - Cross-study specifications ­ what are they and how to use them
> - Product design process
> - Product design factors
> - Material categories
> - Units 1 ­ 4
> - Brief outline of changes from previous study and what is expected in the new
> study
> -  Sample folio pages ­ Units 3-4
>
> Session time: 1.30pm ­ 3.30pm , Wednesday 7 December, 2011
>

> Location: Australian Academy of Design, 220 Ingles Street, Port Melbourne
> Cost: Free ­ pre-registration required
>
> About the Presenter
> The session will be led by Jacinta O¹Leary, who currently teaches at the
> Distance Education Centre Victoria. Jacinta has an extensive background in the
> VCE Design and Technology (now VCE Product Design and Technology) field,
> including:
> € Active member of the VCAA review panel for VCE Design and Technology for
> 2010
> € Co-author of the new edition of the textbook: Product Design and Technology
> VCE Units 1 to 4 (with Jill Livett)
> € Experienced in presenting to teachers regarding both the previous and the
> new study
> € Board member of DATTA Vic (Design and Technology Teachers¹ Association)
> since 2007
> € Contributor to DATTA Vic teacher support material for VCE Product Design and
> Technology.
>
> The presentation will be followed by an afternoon tea. From 3.45pm also join
> an optional post-seminar session of activities including: portrait
> photography, life drawing, documentary filmmaking and Photoshop techniques
>
> RSVP or for further information please contact Joanne Brodie, jeb at aad.edu.au,
> 03 9676 9000.
>

> Joanne Brodie
> Australian Academy of Design
>
> Campus  220 Ingles Street Port Melbourne VIC
> Mail         PO Box 5200 South Melbourne  VIC  3205  Australia
> Phone     +61 3 9676 9000
> Fax         +61 3 9676 9066
> Web         www.designacademy.edu.au
> Email       jeb at aad.edu.au
> Australian Academy of Design
> Registered Higher Education Provider - CRICOS No. 02201G

Joanne Brodie

Email       jeb at aad.edu.au