[Design and Technology] School Uniform Design Competition (Textiles/fashion)

Tran, Lorraine I tran.lorraine.i at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Feb 2 14:32:45 EST 2011

Wool4skool competition

Teachers may be interested in an Australia wide competition which
involves year 9 and 10 students designing a school uniform using wool.

For further information go to: www.wool4skool.nsw.edu.au
<http://www.wool4skool.nsw.edu.au/>

There are some useful resources on this site, so I would encourage you
to have a look, even if you decide not to enter the competition.

The Australian wool R&D and marketing body Australian Wool Innovation
<http://www.wool.com>  is sponsoring this competition and is supported
by the Australian Wool Fashion Awards <http://www.tawfa.com.au/>  and
Wool Education Trust
<http://www.wool.com/About-AWI_AWI-Scholarships-and-Awards_Australian-Wo
ol-Education-Trust.htm> .

INSTYLE website

Another site that may be of interest is www.instyle.com.au
<http://www.instyle.com.au/>

INSTYLE is an innovative textiles company that makes the claim on it's
website that it is ethically and environmentally responsible. As part of
their ongoing commitment to environmental protection, INSTYLE has
implemented programs to reduce the environmental impact created through
company activities.

I draw your attention to the Farm to fabric section and News in the menu
on the left of the page.

Regards,

Lorraine Tran I Curriculum Manager

VELS Design, Creativity and Technology

VCE Agricultural and Horticultural Studies I VCE Food and Technology

VCE Design and Technology I VCE Systems Engineering

Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA)

41 St Andrews Place I East Melbourne I 3002

W (03) 9651 4407 I M 0400833521

E tran.lorraine.i at edumail.vic.gov.au
<mailto:tran.lorraine.i at edumail.vic.gov.au>

The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority provides high quality
curriculum, assessment and reporting that promotes individual life long
learning.