[Design and Technology] bamboo as a sustainable material

johnsosa at mlc.vic.edu.au johnsosa at mlc.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 31 17:02:32 EST 2011

Hi all,

I have become intrigued with Bamboo as a material to use in furniture
making. My intrigue has been sparked by the sustainable / renewable and
ecologically friendly methods used

to produce this material. I have sourced a supplier in Mulgrave ( see
web -
http://www.crikeybamboo.com.au/our-products/mosowood-plys-a-veneers)

specifically for veneers and sheet material. Commonly used for flooring
at the moment because of its durability and hardness, they have a couple
of samples of furniture in the showroom that have been made using this
product and it is very appealing.  Just thought I would pass on
information that may be relevant to the new study as of next year.

Regards

Sally Johnson

Sally Johnson
Teacher Design and Technology - Furniture,
Home Group Teacher 8K
Methodist Ladies' College
207 Barkers Road, Kew Vic 3101, Australia
Telephone: +61 3 92746397
Facsimile: +61 3 92748105
Email: johnsosa at mlc.vic.edu.au
CRICOS 00325A
www.mlc.vic.edu.au <http://www.mlc.vic.edu.au>

Disclaimer. This email is intended for the use of the named individual
or entity and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
dissemination, distribution or copying by anyone other than the intended
recipient of this email is strictly prohibited. Attachments are opened
and transmitted at the user's own risk. Any representations or opinions
expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those
of Methodist Ladies' College.