[Design and Technology] 0.6 FTE TEXTILES position Term 4

Penelope Pullin penelope.pullin at mowbray.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 31 09:48:37 EST 2011

Textiles Teacher 0.6 FTE
* Outstanding independent school
* Attractive salary based on experience
* Melton based

Applications are invited from outstanding Textile teachers to join our enthusiastic and dynamic team
at Mowbray College's Patterson Campus, Melton, for a fixed-term position commencing 10 October
2011 and finishing 14 December 2011.

KEY OBJECTIVES
Teachers are responsible for planning and conducting a textiles program that develops students' skills
and knowledge as well as their emotional, intellectual and social growth in line with the stipulated
curriculum.
Candidates must:
* Possess an appropriate teaching degree.
* Be able to demonstrate a commitment to secondary school teaching.
* Have current VIT registration.
* A knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate Program is
desirable but not essential.

The successful applicant will:
* Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Demonstrate intellectual strength and professional integrity.
* Have the capacity to think creatively and strategically.
* Understand current educational theory, particularly regarding secondary schooling.

SELECTION CRITERIA
The successful candidate will have proven experience in:
* Teaching Textiles;
* Providing authentic learning experiences for students; and
* Achieving a high record of student achievement in Textiles.

Mowbray College is an independent co-educational school that caters for students from Pre-School to
Year 12. Our strategy of excellence through challenge, diversity, creativity and care provides the
opportunity and support that we believe is creating a wonderful future for our students. The College is
a member of the International Baccalaureate and Round Square programs and has campuses at
Melton and Caroline Springs.
Applications close Friday, 9 September 2011.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.

For further information please contact David Robertson, Deputy Principal, Head of Patterson Campus, Melton on
(03) 8746 1300 or refer to website: http://www.mowbray.vic.edu.au/index.php?id=current&gl=aboutus/jobs

This email and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential, and are intended only for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering this email to the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it immediately from your computer.