[Design and Technology] National professional standards for teachers

Judy Moore admin at datta.vic.edu.au
Wed Oct 13 09:46:21 EST 2010

National professional standards for teachers

Colleagues

Have your say on Standards by taking part in an on-line survey to validate the draft National Professional Standards for Teachers.

Go to the SiMERR website: http://www.une.edu.au/simerr/standards between 4 October and 29 October 2010 for access to the online survey.

What are the National Professional Standards for Teachers?

The draft Standards set out what teachers across Australia should know and be able to do across the domains of professional knowledge, professional practice and professional engagement at four levels: Graduate, Proficient, Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher.

Like the national curriculum, states/territories will be charged with implementing these and the timeline is fairly short. The Standards will replace the current re-registration procedures. During 2011, CPTAV will work closely with the Victorian Institute of Teaching in the implementation of these standards. Together, we will continue to professionalise the profession.

Olwyn Gray
Executive Officer
Council of Professional Teaching Associations of Victoria

Statewide Resources Centre
150 Palmerston Street
Carlton, VIC 3053

P: +613 9349 4566