[Design and Technology] FW: Support your technology association.

Richard Bazeley bazeley at iinet.net.au
Sat May 8 08:38:23 EST 2010

David,
are you trying to upset my weekend. I do promote my subject but I do it with a combination of good 18th Century technology and well made 21st century equipment. I find that a combination of hand cut dovetails and Festool dominos works wonders. Well designed and well made tools are far more important for my students and then I can teach them what to do with them. Making things by hand! I dont put the students in front of computer screens any longer than is necessary as they were are all ready spending a lot of their school time playing on the keyboard. Sorry but I find the thinking behind this email offensive and part of the reason I am no longer a member of DATTA. Technology is important but what technology and why you use it is also important.
Good luck with your conference and campaign. I support what you are doing but I find much of the thinking behind curriculum development in this area is bullshit.
Richard Bazeley