[Design and Technology] glass bead making: help and advice needed!

Lucy Bowtell Lbowtell at dsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 30 11:47:40 EST 2010

Hello fellow Design Techies,

I was hoping you could help me out.

I have purchased a kit and I am trying to set up a lampworking (glass bead making) station in the D&T year 11 classroom for my jewellery students.

I do lampworking at home on my kitchen bench, but I would like the process to be within OH&S regulations and really limit the chances of the students blowing themselves up on my watch.

Do you know of any schools currently doing lampworking? Anyone I could ask for some advice in relation to gas bottles, extraction fans, molten glass ect?

Thank you in advance,

Lucy Bowtell,

Dromana Secondary College.

This email is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this email without the authors prior permission. We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. Dromana Secondary College cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses