[Design and Technology] Fw: [virtualconferencecentre-deecd] Announcing Tech-Talk Tuesdays: online professional networking

Judy Moore admin at datta.vic.edu.au
Fri Nov 6 11:19:07 EST 2009

Please circulate this announcement to any teachers you think would be interested in this opportunity.

Are you an educator who is interested in integrating ICT into your lessons? Do you hear about the exciting learning opportunities that technology offers to students, but want to find out more from others before you dive in head first? Then Tech-Talk Tuesdays are for you!

This professional learning network has been established to create an informal weekly discussion around technology in education. This session is open to all Victorian educators; we ensure a supportive environment and welcome people with all levels of experience with ICT.  Bring along your own ideas and strategies to share, or simply come along and learn from the discussion.

Each session will take place online in Elluminate, so you can link up with teachers from schools all over the state without even leaving your desk! These sessions are completely free, but you will need to register to secure your place. Once you have signed up, you will receive a link to join the Elluminate room.

If you have never used Elluminate before, click on the link below and watch this 4-minute introduction to find out what it's all about:  http://guidetoinnovation.ning.com/video/logging-into-elluminate

Week 6: "Where to get started with Web 2.0?"  (Tuesday 10 November, 4,00 -5.00pm)

Sign up here: http://eventactions.com/ea.aspx?ea=Rsvp&invite=gb6v1e8gjjvd7ayzw1pb1v0reu2edhm8v4600swh27ts8t287add

Week 7: "Creative strategies to give students more access to technology" (Tuesday 17 November, 4.00pm - 5.00pm)

Sign up here: http://eventactions.com/ea.aspx?ea=Rsvp&invite=0gbprnrm9wwtm00ctbke5ndfrxusbkhcw0rjt855yuemwbrp5ccm

Week 8: "Going 1:1 - getting ready for student laptops or netbooks" (Tuesday 24 November, 4.00pm - 5.00pm)

Sign up here: http://eventactions.com/ea.aspx?ea=Rsvp&invite=0svkw3kw587gxjgywa3bk7b29hb4k8ztdwek3uek15j2mvttvnef

Week 9: "Getting the most out of interactive digital learning objects" (Tuesday 1 December, 4.00pm - 5.00pm)

Sign up here: http://eventactions.com/ea.aspx?ea=Rsvp&invite=gzfnur5dmca14axh9svur9rw4e8tsceg36zx7madhhd0cyfa2617

We hope to see you on Tech-Talk Tuesday!

Kind regards,

Krystie Alleaume | Senior Project Officer
Innovation and Next Practice Division
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development

---

You are currently subscribed to virtualconferencecentre-deecd as: admin at datta.vic.edu.au.

or send a blank email to leave-1586739-527046.054983824d9db0f94143d41f2dcca589 at edna.edu.au