[Design and Technology] Re; Sewing machines

Yvette De Lacy delacy.yvette.m at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue May 20 15:16:20 EST 2008

Hi all Textiles ­ Design and Technology teachers,

My principal has offered to buy me some new machines, I have in the past
brought Bernina 1008s, however she will not spend the $ and wants cheaper
machines. Does anyone know of cheaper machines that have metal spools etc
not plastic? And are indestructible.  Or could I have some support from
other teachers to pass on to my principal that I need the Berninas. She says
that she has a Jenome at home and it works fine, and the students should
just learn to look after them better!!!!!  I have also been told by my
service man that he will not service cheaper plastic machines!  Can anyone
help?

Thanks
Yvette De Lacy
Craigieburn Secondary College.