[Design and Technology] Victorian Model Solar Vehicle Challenge 2008

Jenny Hubbard jenny_hubbard at hotmail.com
Thu May 8 20:13:11 EST 2008

Dear All,
Are you looking for a HANDS ON, VELS based subject to use to teach your students about renewable energy?
Are you interested in building solar powered vehicles to race against up to 60 other schools around the state?
The Victorian Model Solar Vehicle Challenge may be for you.

The event is aimed at all school aged students. It involves students working in groups to build a boat or car that can be powered by solar cells. The vehicles can then be entered in our event.

The divisions include - Cars, Kit Cars, Advanced Boats, Junior Boats and Mars Rovers (an open event that teachers, lab techs, parents can enter).

The main event takes place at Science Works on October 18th and 19th 2008.
There is a National Event in Hobart on the 22nd and 23rd November 2008.

There will be a free pursuit event at the Museum on Tuesday 9th September that you are all welcome to attend even if it just to have a look see at what the event is all about.

If you are interested in our event or would like more information you can contact Jenny Longstaff on (03) 5657 4405, menagerieviews at activ8.net.au or go to our website http://www.eng.monash.edu.au/solar/

This event is run in conjunction with the Mechanical Engineering Department of Monash University.