[Design and Technology] Re: destech Digest, Vol 40, Issue 20

Bazeley bazeley at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 29 08:20:37 EST 2008

I am 6 months into the verification process with Noel Arnold and Associates.
The process is very detailed and I believe beneficial to me and my students.
I have managed to implement a number of their recommendations but this has
to be done as well as teaching and the regular maintenance jobs we have to
do in a technical area. The State Govt grant money is of some assistance now
but my main concern is the long term assistance. We need ongoing support
from the Department with such things as funding, class size and the
maintenance of facilities. If teachers in this area have to continue to work
with the threat of being sued then the Department must provide better
support. It cannot be left to Principals or School Councils as they will
just walk away from it. And so will more technical teachers.
Richard Bazeley
St.Arnaud Sec.