[Design and Technology] Re: destech Digest, Vol 40, Issue 20

Ben Hodgetts antiquesman at bigpond.com
Fri Jun 27 15:00:44 EST 2008

Hi all.
Likewise I agree with Paul Dawes. I teach not only the D&T but VET in
building and construction, and the list applies to us as well.
Inconceivable. Students who are to be prepared and even do work experience
on site, yet we cannot teach them how to use a bandsaw or circular saw. That
is foolhardy. We could be sued I believe, as we have not got our students
industry prepared. Remember parents that sue private schools for not
teaching their students. Parents quite often pay an excess fee so that their
children can do these courses, yet we are not preparing them adequately.
Be afraid.
Ben Hodgetts.