[Design and Technology] And the winners of the poster competition
marketing at designacademy.edu.au
Thu Jul 10 11:54:53 EST 2008
10 July 2008
The Australian Academy of Design and Connex congratulate the winners of the
2008 Academy Poster Prize Competition.
Winners were announced at the opening of the exhibition of finalists last
night Wednesday 9 July. Finalists were selected from entries received from
students all over Victoria. They included quirky aliens and crop circles,
surreal train stations and cute little foxes queuing for a tram.
The Academy Poster prize encourages young artists and designers by
exhibiting all finalists in the schools and tertiary categories, and a small
selection from the open category.
A scholarship for the study in the Bachelor of Design Arts degree at the
Academy is awarded to the entrant deemed to have the most potential.
Connex awarded the winners a total of $3000 in prize money on opening night.
Port Phillip major Janet Cribbs who opened the exhibition stated ²how
relevant the public transport theme currently is today. I am just so
impressed with the quality and variety of the interpretations of the theme
close encounters of a public transport kind¹³.
The judges had great difficulty in choosing winners from a strong field, and
so decided to award equal first prize in the schools category (years 10-12)
to Deniz Demir of Brunswick Secondary College and Virginia Hau of Camberwell
Girls Grammar. They each received prize money of $250.
Winners of the tertiary category were: equal first Judith Sammut of Chisholm
TAFE and Julian De Lio of Australian Academy of Deign who took equal shares
in the $1000 prize.
The Academy Award of a $1000 scholarship toward studying at the Australian
Academy of Design went to Michael Deurwaarder of Eltham High School.
Open category winners were: equal first Sonya Sing Lee and Ben McNamara who
each received $750.
An Exhibition of Finalists is being held at the Academy¹s Clement Meadmore
gallery. It is open from 9am-5pm Mon-Fri at 220 Ingles St, Port Melbourne,
until 26 July.
The Academy congratulates the following finalists:
FINALISTS Schools (years 10-12) category
· Samantha Auty of Shelford Girls Grammar,
· Deniz Demir of Brunswick Secondary College, Yr 11
· Michael Deurwaarder of Eltham High, Yr 12
· Caill Dunstan of Melbourne Grammar School, Yr 10
· Sophie Ereglidis of Cheltenham Secondary, Yr 11
· Virginia Hau of Camberwell Girls' Grammar School, Yr 12
· Matilda Innes of Geelong Grammar, Yr 12
· Adam Kollwitz of Knox School, Yr 11
· Chelsea Rouse of Bayside Secondary, VET
· Gus Young of Melbourne Grammar School, Yr 10
FINALISTS Tertiary category
· Rachel Bailey of GOTAFE Wangaratta
· Julian DeLio of the Australian Academy of Design
· Rose Fyson of Chisholm TAFE
· Chris Howard of Goulburn Ovens TAFE
· Andrew Laba of the Australian Academy of Design
· Porntima Lekhawichit of Goulburn Ovens TAFE
· Judith Sammut of Chisholm TAFE
· Brock Sims of the Australian Academy of Design
FINALISTS Open category
· Ryan Eyre of Park Orchards
· Ben NcNamara of Chirnside Park
· Sonia Sing Lee of Northcote
Photographs of winners are available upon request.
The Australian Academy of Design Poster Prize is an annual competition. For
advance notice of the 2009 competition contact Sandra Boyd at the Australian
Academy of Design on 9676 9000 or by email at marketing at designacademy.edu.au
The Academy delivers the unique Bachelor of Design Arts degree with major
studies in photo media, advertising, graphic design and visual arts, and the
Diploma of Fashion Design in a specialized and focused arts environment.
Open Day is 10 August at 220 Ingles St, Port Melbourne.
For further information about the Academy go to www.designacademy.edu.au
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the destech