[Design and Technology] Fw: ITEA Invites You....

Bazeley bazeley at iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 18 22:31:03 EST 2007

When do you find the time Robert? This is a significant amount of
professional development.

I am teaching VET Furnishing for similar reasons to Robert. The VCAL
students want a VET subject and the VCE students (mostly boys) don't want to
do the theory in D&T.

 I did the Certificate IV Training and Assessment that the school paid for
and I have been slowly sorting out the coursework by talking to other VET
teachers.

After about 10 years of D&T I now have two years of VET Furnishing behind me
now.

For students who can do both the VET Furn and the D&T it is a real winner.
The VET gives the students grounding in practical skills and the D&T gives
them the design/thinking skills. These students seem more rounded and better
at solving problems.

I just wish the work force plan at our school could fit both subjects in.

Richard Bazeley

  _____