[Design and Technology] 'cradle to cradle' broadcast

Susan Murphy smurphy at star.melb.catholic.edu.au
Mon May 28 21:23:03 EST 2007

Fellow Technology Teachers,

SBS had a program on on May 8th called Future Focus "Waste = Food".
I got my Librarian to get a copy after seeing this posting.
I watched it yesterday and it is fantastic.
Very worthwhile to show all Unit 3 and 4  Design and Technology students.
Waste equals food Rated: G. Summary: In the early 90s, the American green
architect William McDonough and German green chemist Michael Braungart
teamed up to realise the Waste = Food principle in man made products. They
took their ideas to the Ford Motor Company, NlKE and the rapidly
developing China. They helped Ford transform their heavily polluted
manufacturing sites into green areas that are safe enough for children to
play in; assisted NIKE in designing toxin-free running shoes that can be
completely recycled; and were also invited to China to develop China's
fIrst' ecologically sustainable model village. (From SBS program guide.)
VHS.

Cheers Sue Murphy

On Wed, May 9, 2007 7:08 am, Adem, Foster wrote:
> Fellow Technology Teachers,
> I received this message from one of my year 12 students this morning:
>
> I was annoyed about missing a show about this last tonight, but this is
> the website about 'cradle to cradle' which you may of heard of, and be
> interested in.
> http://www.mcdonough.com/cradle_to_cradle.htm
>

> cheers.
>

> Did anyone get to record this?

> and
> TEAV - Technology Education Association of Victoria

Cheers
Sue Murphy

Star of the Sea College
Box 7001,Gardenvale LPO
Brighton 3186

I can be contacted at school on 95966099

smurphy at star.melb.catholic.edu.au

--
This email and any attachments may be confidential and, if you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information in this