[Design and Technology] RE: Rapidprototyping and SolidWorks

pcranswick at aitkencollege.edu.au pcranswick at aitkencollege.edu.au
Fri May 18 10:32:10 EST 2007

Hi Dean

Yes there is a yearly update.

Contact Intercad if you want more details. Trevor Rose will give
information you may want. Email: trevor.rose at intercad.com.au

It is a a fantastic package - that's why it costs a bit - why it's
used in all Melbourne unis' - over 75% of the world's top-ranked
academic institutions have enhanced engineering graphics and CAD
instruction with SolidWorks software!

It's worth bitting the bulet and budgeting for, excellent for the
students.

Phil.

carps at hotkey.net.au;
mdileva at netcall.com.au;
> aolguner at mtmauto.com; sue.plumb at yvg.vic.edu.au;
> contact at billanook.vic.edu.au; michael.berry at deta.qld.gov.ay;
Grech,
Mark
> A; systech at edulists.com.au; mike.lampard at overnewton.vic.edu.au;
> lstott at parade.vic.edu.au; trevor.rose at intercad.com.au;
> dommiller23 at yahoo.co.uk
> Subject: [Design and Technology] Rapidprototyping and SolidWorks
>
> Hi everyone.
>
> At the TEAV conference I presented a workshop on Rapid Prototyping
> and
> Engineering Design. If you were unable to attend but were still
> interested in rapid prototyping as a design development tool in
the
> classroom or just in using Solidworks., you can contact me here at
> work. I'd love to hear from you.
>
> Any CAD program in the classroom is great. I think ProDesktop,
> Inventor, Pro Engineer and SolidEdge all work well but I guess I
just
> love using SoliWorks and believe in the product for schools!
>
> My students build 3D CAD skills through a semester long elective
in
> years 9 and 10. It complements the Technology and VCD Courses
really
> well.
>
> SO WHY SOLIDWORKS?
> 1) "The SolidWorks Corporation recognizes that today's students
are
> tomorrow's industry leaders. As the leader in 3D modelling
software,
> SolidWorks is committed to providing the most innovative resources
> for learning and teaching CAD to students and educators,
worldwide.
> The SolidWorks Education Program has been endorsed by global
leaders
> in government, industry, and education". LOOK AT EXAMPLES BELOW!
>
> 2)Over 75% of the world's top-ranked academic institutions have
> enhanced engineering graphics and CAD instruction with SolidWorks
> software. WOW!
>
> 3)SolidWorks is used widely in schools in the US, Canada and
Germany.
> Also in Northern Ireland, there are 300 high schools with 9,000
> Solidworks licences - a Government initiative. In Norway there are
> 1,300 schools with about 30,000 licences. In the US, North
Carolina
> for example there are 17 high schools with 425 licences. In France
> there are 5,000 French middle schools and high schools teaching
> SolidWorks, In that country SolidWorks has about 65% market share
in
> French secondary education.
>
> 4) EXCELLENT Online Tutorials, and Teaching materials. My year six
> students have used it to design their CO2 cars but amazingly it's
the
> same software that top Engineers use everywhere.
>
> 5) Excellent Technical support - through InterCAD in Box Hill
>
> 6) About $4,000 for a 30 seat licence. So for the cost of a fully
> installed Pedestal Drill and a Grinder, your schools
administration
> could really afford SolidWorks - it's the "design tool".
>
> Your administration should know that Solidworks is used in
> Engineering and Product Design Degrees at most of Melbourne's
> Universities. They'd be giving their students such an opportunity.
>
> If your interested, check out this SolidWorks Teacher Blog
> http://blogs.solidworks.com/teacher/
> and these websites
> http://www.solidworks.com/
> http://www.solidworks.com/pages/products/edu/index.html
>
> I'll leave this here.
>
> Philip Cranswick

> Privileged or Confidential information may be contained in this
message.

> If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or
responsible
> for
> delivery of this message to such person), you may not copy or
distribute
> this
> message. In such case destroy this message and please notify the
> sender by email, or call Craig Brooks (LAN Administrator) at
Aitken
> College
> on (+61 3) 9333 1866. Thank-you
> Authority and
> TEAV - Technology Education Association of Victoria

negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly
from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to
resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or
opinions
expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily
those of the Department of Education.