[Design and Technology] TEAV Conference - 11th & 12th May 2007 - Call for Presenters

Adriana Agosta eo at teav.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 20 08:35:22 EST 2007

Dear TEAV Colleagues,

This year's annual TEAV Conference, themed "Linking Learning, Thinking and Doing" is taking place at Northland Secondary College on Friday 11th and Saturday 12th May 2007. We are currently in the process of contacting those that may be interested in presenting workshops that align with the theme on either of these two days.

TEAV aims to target those educators passionate about technology, who can ignite enthusiasm and inspire other educators and students with astounding ideas and innovative approaches. Workshop presenters will gain free entry to the conference on their presentation day, have their name published in the conference booklet and will also receive a certificate for their work.

TEAV is now seeking proposals for workshops that address the "Linking Learning, Thinking & Doing" theme. Theoretical lecture style workshops are welcome, however practical "hands on" workshops are highly encouraged.

TEAV is ideally looking for workshop proposals that will address the following:

·         Encouraging student thinking and learning by putting technology into action

·         Projects that demonstrate the changing nature of Technology Education

·         Adopting multidisciplinary practices in the technology classroom

·         Projects that promote innovative thinking and design in technology education

·         School projects that inspire and showcase inventiveness in engineering

·         Projects that stimulate and support creatively in the school setting

·         Making connections between students, materials and products

·         Planning & creating a safe and effective Technology workspace at school.

This year's conference promises to be a great opportunity to learn, network, discover new resources and ideas emerging from industry and, of course, to catch up with fellow technology educators and to even meet new ones.

Workshop proposal forms are available at www.teav.vic.edu.au and please be sure to email proposal forms back to eo at teav.vic.edu.au by March 9th 2007.

I sincerely hope that you can be involved in the TEAV Conference this year and I look forward to working with you very soon.

Kind regards,

Adriana Agosta

Conference Organiser

Technology Education Association of Victoria

150 Palmerston Street

CARLTON   VIC   3053

p. 9349 1538

f. 9349 5391

e. eo at teav.vic.edu.au

                              (I realise some of you may have already received this email from other lists. Please accept my apologies for any double-postings).