[Design and Technology] election promise

bazeley bazeley at iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 18 08:20:52 EST 2007

Hi all

Sharing our experiences is very important at this stage especially when they
are as well expressed as Gary, John and others. I think if we can get enough
information together the next letter to the Minister should come from the
TEAV. I am sure David Fletcher and others are listening.

I put forward the following example that was helpful in carrying out the
maintenance schedule that I have had difficulty in completing.

In 2006 the school was willing to employ an ex trade teacher with
engineering skills for one day. He carried out most of the maintenance on
the machinery in that one day. This was excellent value and a number of bugs
in the machinery were fixed. He was payed for a days CRT work. Costs for
repairs, parts etc came out of woodwork budget.

It would be good to hear of other solutions that teachers have used that
work and could help solve problems in the short term.

Richard Bazeley

  _____