[Design and Technology] Resources: Applied Design in Industry

Tran, Lorraine I tran.lorraine.i at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Oct 11 10:40:16 EST 2006

Dear Colleagues

Last night I attended the Applied Design in Industry Showcase opening at
Fox Classic Car Collections, Docklands.

Teachers may be interested in finding out more about the Applied Design
in Industry qualifications by going to
http://www.bhtafe.edu.au/CFDOCS/Trolsites/applieddesignframework/default
.cfm or more about the exhibition at: http://www.applieddesign.com.au
<http://www.applieddesign.com.au/>

The following link provides resources that I'm sure Design and
Technology teachers could use/adapt.

http://www.bhtafe.edu.au/CFDOCS/Trolsites/applieddesignframework/default
.cfm?R=1670&StrID=231&CategoryID=88964

You may be interested in viewing a blog showing the development of
snowboards by students at NMIT using the following link:
http://www.snobored.blogspot.com/

Are any of your Design and Technology/Systems and Technology students
using a blog to record their design and production activities? A blog
has potential to replace the traditional handwritten journal. Perhaps
something to consider for 2007?

Regards

Lorraine.

Lorraine Tran

Curriculum Manager, P - 12 Design and Technology

Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA)

41 St Andrews Place

East Melbourne 3002

http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au

Email: tran.lorraine.i at edumail.vic.gov.au