[Design and Technology] Looking for secondhand "metalwork stakes"

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Tue May 23 09:49:03 EST 2006

Hi Gary,

 The default reply-to setting on mailing lists goes to the list. This is how mailing lists work because the majority of replies are in response to a message from the list. The reply-to-all refers to additional addresses like CC: or BCC: settings.

The alternative is a reply of any type does not go to the list and anyone who wants to write to the list even as a reply to a message from the list has to enter it manually.
If it is any comfort, most lists suffer from individual responses destined for one person going to the whole list and the only way around it is to keep reminding participants to keep private messages just that - private for the recipient and not the whole list.

Who said we live in a perfect world ?

Keep well

Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College
k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
http://www.fhc.vic.edu.au
Mobile: 0419 356 034

>>> wragg.gary.g at edumail.vic.gov.au 05/23/06 08:13am >>>
I guess others are a bit perturbed at the email system when replying to edulist emails. It appears that all on the list get the reply even though 'Reply All' is not selected. We spend a lot of time deleting mail not intended for us!
Can our gurus in the IT section do something to alleviate the traffic?
PS, sorry for the junk mail!

Regards,
Gary Wragg
Rosebud Secondary College