[Design and Technology] Query

pcranswick at aitkencollege.edu.au pcranswick at aitkencollege.edu.au
Thu Jul 27 12:56:17 EST 2006

Thanks mate,

When you have a read of that info it makes no sense to me why our
government doesn't get more involved in our education system as well.
 To me Australias Education system is both "tired" and the politicians
either have lousy advise or have thier "blinkers" on! Look even the
Irish appear to have more committment than our governments!

Regards,

Philip

On 27.07.2006 at 12:43:33, Adriana Agosta <eo at teav.vic.edu.au>
wrote:

> Dear Philip,
>
> Thankyou for your recommendations. I have forwarded your email to
Stephen.

> Regards
>
> Adriana Agosta
> Ed Officer TEAV

List"
> <destech at edulists.com.au>
> Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:01 PM
> Subject: Re: [Design and Technology] Query
>

> > You can use whjat you like really but I STRONGLY recommend you
use
> > SolidWorks - 3D Modelling engineering software.  I can go on
about
> > it
> > but here are the basics:
> >
> > Post Secondary education- Desgree courses in Product Design ,
> > Engineering use solidworks above the others, so why not expose
our
> > students to it earlier? So here is a list:
> > RMIT University (VIC)
> > Deakin University (VIC)
> > University of Melbourne (VIC)
> > Swinburne University of Technology (VIC)
> > Queensland University of Technology (QLD)
> > University Of Technology, Sydney (NSW)
> > University of Sydney (NSW)
> > Sydney Institute of Technology (NSW)
> > University of Western Sydney (NSW)
> > UTS Faculty of Design (NSW)
> > University of South Australia (SA)
> > Douglas Mawson Institute of TAFE (SA)
> > Australian National University (ACT)
> > Curtin University (WA)
> >
> > I teach it to years 9 to 12 - 9 and 10 as a full on 3D Design
> > elective this prepares the students to use it for Sys Tech, Des
Tech
> > VCD for VCE.  ( I also have got the year 6's onto it too ).
> >
> > It's used widely in industry around the world Growing fastest
too.
> > eg:
> > USA - Wake County, North Carolina (17 high schools, 425 lic.)
> > standardized on pre-engineering instruction on SolidWorks.
> >
> > USA - Thompson School District, Fort Collins, Colorado (5 middle
> > schools, 5 high schools, 160 lic.) introduces seventh graders to
> > SolidWorks to teach design and engineering.
> >
> > France - 5.000 French 'collèges' (middle schools) and 'lycées'
(high
> > schools) are teaching SolidWorks, having about 65% market share
in
> > French secondary education.
> >
> > Northern Ireland - 300 high schools (9.000 lic.) standardized on
SWX
> > for technical secondary education, taught subject since 2 years
now
> > is called Design & Technology
> >
> > Germany - a regional school authority (RP Freiburg - most
> > prestigious
> > mechanical engineering region in Germany) signed a central
purchase
> > agreement to standardize on SWX, almost all 30 technical schools
are
> > now using SWX.
> >
> > Norway - 1.300 schools (30.000 lic.) will be standardized on
SWX,

http://www.solidworks.com/pages/products/SolidWorks_2007/SolidWorksOfficePremium2007.html

http://www.solidworks.co.uk/pages/successes/viewsuccess.html?record=1140
> > Great story the "Buckeye BulletV16" electric car design in
> > solidworks land speed record for electric powered car.
> >
> > In the TEAV News you may notice that I'm offering a PD on using
> > solidworks in schools. It's hands on and you'll learn how to use
the
> > program. Free single education version for coming too! Dec 1 and
2.

> > Privileged or Confidential information may be contained in this
message.
> > If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or
responsible for
> > delivery of this message to such person), you may not copy or
forward this
> > message to anyone. In such case destroy this message and please
notify the
> > sender by email, or call Craig Brooks (LAN Administrator) at
Aitken
> College
> > on (+61 3) 9333 1866. Thank-you
Authority