[Design and Technology] Fw: RE: [prodesktop] Technology pathways

David Fletcher dgfletch at bigpond.net.au
Tue Nov 8 22:28:42 EST 2005

-------Original Message-------

From: Aaron Mcrae
Date: 11/07/05 11:54:29
To: Pro/DESKTOP Teachers Discussion Group
Subject: RE: [prodesktop] Technology pathways

Hi my name is Aaron McRae and I live in Newman in WA. We are having the same
problems here. There is a severe lack of Design and Technology teachers in
WA and because of this there are some schools that are reducing there D&T
teaching load due to the shortage. The problem is widespread and the only
thing we can do is encourage students to be come teachers and improve the
conditions in schools so that teachers don't leave because their jaded.
Outcomes Based Education is also a problem.

Aaron.