[Informatics] POTG FileMaker Pro Solution

Stephen Trouse Stephen.Trouse at flinders.vic.edu.au
Mon Feb 26 17:44:11 EST 2018

On a side note, I would be steering away from Hungarian notation for variables and database entities ("tblStudents").  This nomenclature has not really been used since around 2002.  The modern "object" way to describe them, which emphasises its business use, is:  "What is does" - "What it is", e.g. for a button: CreateUserButton.  In tables, they are assumed to be tables so "TABLE" in the name is not required.  If you have a view (yes, it's not called a query), it can be identified as EnrolledStudentView.
The "tbl" nomenclature is a leftover from Access database design and not common in industry now.
Hope this helps.