[Informatics] Examiners' report is available

Mark mark at vceit.com
Thu Apr 27 16:36:53 AEST 2017

You and me both, brother.

Since this list is supported by VCAA, you would think significant and
relevant news would be posted *here* as a matter of course.
But instead, keen or lucky subscribers must troll the VCAA site regularly
in case VCAA slips something new and vital under the radar.
We can't rely on the VCAA bulletin, since not all notable changes are
posted there.
Even using online apps to monitor changes to the VCAA IT website is not
reliable.

Finding important course changes and updates (e.g. changes to 2017 SAT
assessment criteria) is *not* supposed to be like an Easter egg hunt run by
Auntie VCAA.

Apparently, the lucky souls who attended the VCAA briefings in Melbourne
heard about the 2017 SAT assessment changes.
It was *not* so lucky for regional people or others who could not get an
entire day off or travel so far to attend the event in person.
And - yes - someone *did* post some slideshows of the event to this list,
but the assessment changes lurking within them were still not highlighted
by VCAA, AFAIK.

It is *not* every teachers' job to routinely hunt under every bush in the
VCAA online playground to find if VCAA has secretly laid a new egg.
Even worse - if people *don't* find a hidden egg, they can be punished for
non-compliance with these hidden decrees during auditing.

Come on, VCAA. Compliance with your requirements is *not* meant to be a
competitive game.
You are supposed to PUSH information and not expect everyone else to
endlessly search for and PULL information.

Hiding vital information in unannounced and indistinguishable edits to your
website is *not* good enough.
ALL information about course changes should be posted to this list...

Clearly.
Openly.
Promptly*

Grrr.

Mark

* e.g. Why does it take *five* months for examiners' reports to arrive?
This information is *vitally* needed by teachers during the early months of
the following year, but they must wait until term 2 to get the information
they need to better instruct their students? Not good enough, IMO.

On 27 April 2017 at 15:32, Garth, Lucas A <garth.lucas.a at edumail.vic.gov.au>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Considering the Notice to Schools bulletin has been recently sent out, I’m
> surprised we didn’t get notified of this.
>

> Lucas

<snip>

mark at vceit.com
http://vceit.com