[Informatics] informatics Digest, Vol 18, Issue 11

Bass, Gary S bass.gary.s at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Apr 10 16:23:29 AEST 2017

Greetings Lucas

frequent advice in OSX community is to use Chrome as preferred browser as it has FLASH isolated.
Other browsers allow device access to FLASH. e.g.. Safari

the alternative of uninstalling FLASH is unsatisfactory due to the (still) large number of websites which continue to employ FLASH..
not all YouTube has converted to HTML5..yet. Though VIMEO has completed conversion.
no reflection on Safari or otherwise other than its security.
regards
GB

> On 10 Apr 2017, at 3:54 PM, informatics-request at edulists.com.au wrote:
>
> Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 04:20:49 +0000
> From: "Garth, Lucas A" <garth.lucas.a at edumail.vic.gov.au>
> Subject: Re: [Informatics] vceit.com stats update
> 	<informatics at edulists.com.au>

> Hi Mark?and fellow list members?
>
> Unknown OS ? would that be more than likely Android?  Although with a similar 9% unknown for browser I would normally assume that most Android users would use Chrome.
>
> One thing is clear, even in the minds of Microsoft users, their browser stinks. Another interesting point is that Mac/IOS users aren?t wedded to Safari like I?d imagine. Probably because Safari in and of itself isn?t that good, it?s just the branded Mac/IOS option in the same way that Explorer/Edge is the Microsoft offering.
>
> LG

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Training.