[Informatics] Legislation clarification

Mark mark at vceit.com
Mon Sep 12 15:20:58 AEST 2016

Hi James

- Yes UFDs are named in Info U3O1 KK17. They are examinable.

- Storyboards are not named in any unit's KK, and are not directly
examinable by name in any unit.

- You are correct that flowcharts are not examinable. They are mentioned in
the intro to Unit 1 Computing, but not in any KK in U1 or any other unit.

In short, if a topic is named in a unit's KK or KS, the exam can ask about
that topic by name. Otherwise not.

A student might earn marks by relevantly *suggesting* flowcharts or
storyboards as a design tool in an answer, but students can't be *asked*
about flowcharts or storyboards.

But a question *may* address UFDs directly because they are explicitly
named in Info U3O1 KK17.

Items in the the glossary or PSM definition encompass all units (Info, SD,
U1 and U2) but are only examinable if they are listed in a particular
unit's KK or KS.

After all, you wouldn't think it fair if Unit 1 kids could be examined on
use case diagrams because they appear in the PSM definition (p.15) and in
SD KK but *not* in Unit 1 KK, would you?

Hope that makes sense,
Mark