[Informatics] Combined Y11IT and Informatics Classes

Bass, Gary S bass.gary.s at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Sep 9 14:44:40 AEST 2016

Greetings fellow Informaticists

there may be a third way..(parts of the previous discussion below)

At risk of offering a self serving suggestion, you can comment or otherwise.

Schools who cannot 'reasonably resource’ certain VCE 3/4 classes have the option of calling on Distance Education centre (DECV)
There is a small EFT cost for this service but not a full VCE allocation. So there would still be EFT available to provide a ‘local’ teacher as well as a full-time distance teacher.

This would enable the 1/2 and 3/4 to be in the same room at the same time, however the assessment would be in the hands on DECV.
The local teacher becomes a ‘coach' rather than an instructor/assessor.

This may be a far more sustainable model for many teachers and schools.
certainly an option not previously raised in this forum.

regards
Gary Bass
DECV - VCE Informatics