[Informatics] Factors that harm accuracy. (Warning - bad cow jokes.)

Mark mark at vceit.com
Fri Sep 2 16:24:35 AEST 2016

Moo, Chris

Yes, I see what you mean: 'Timeliness' is included in the study design  -
Informatics U3O2 KK5 -  "criteria to check the integrity of data including
*timeliness*, authenticity, relevance, accuracy"

But surely a degradation of *timeliness* would also usually degrade
*accuracy**. *Data that is late to arrive or create can also become
inaccurate, like yesterday's stock prices or eBay bids on an item from 3
seconds ago.

So *timeliness* can affect *accuracy*. But a degradation of *accuracy* would
not affect *timeliness*.

Just because the study design lists separate factors does not mean they
must be completely unrelated.

Regards,
Mark

P.S. I encourage people posting to Edulists to recognise the contribution
of Australian cows to the development of information technology in
Australia. I'm not sure how you could possibly do that, but I encourage it
anyway.

mark at vceit.com
http://vceit.com