[Informatics] Data security - USB attack

rb bouman.reinier.r at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Nov 22 07:41:09 AEDT 2016

And there are some attack/exploit variants on the "usb reports as a
keyboard, therefore MS-Windows will accept this device and security
isn't setup to scan keyboards".
Most notably the 'rubber ducky' and now its arduino $1 and $3 equivalents.
Fun for the whole family. Is there a work around? Maybe:
1.no usb policy at work.
2.if bios allows, disable all but 1 usb port [a real keyboard..] 3.change OS