[Informatics] A Friday Reflection or two on exam rules

Garth, Lucas A garth.lucas.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Nov 18 15:03:27 AEDT 2016

Hi

In all seriousness, the Informatics exam moved from assessing 20 MCQs and around 10 short answers (as per IT Apps in previous Study Design), to now 20 MCQs and 20 short answers.  Plus more reading in the form of a case study.

18 pages last year to 29

Significantly more coverage of the content (breadth) – I think depth has hardly changed.

I think it was a challenge for my weaker English students this year and I’m going to need to devise strategies to mitigate for next year involving more timed practice sessions.

Lucas
Lalor SC