[Informatics] Collection/Submission of Data for SAT

John Bellavance John.Bellavance at beaconhills.vic.edu.au
Tue May 10 11:53:26 AEST 2016

Hi Benn,

Benn - Considering at this stage they aren't expected to demonstrate manipulation of data, just the collection, is a simple link enough? Or should they be creating documents which catalog all their images, audio, video etc?

In my opinion the sources of their data can be added to an appendix for the reader to view if they are interested.

The analysis of the data can be done this way. When you get audio or video recordings you normally get them transcribed to text. You then analyse the text to find patterns (themes) this can be used to extract qualitative and quantitative findings. (this is the voice of the data).

The voice of the researcher come in the discussion of the findings.

Below is an example of findings in relation to data coming from individual interviews with 8 students. I have not added my views on these findings yet. I am just reporting the findings. Hopes this helps ☺

Honesty and trust
This sub-section covers honesty and trust. 43 references were extracted from student interview transcripts that I judged to be related to honesty and trust. Six out of eight students consider honesty to be an important value in the use of ICTs. Below is a sampling.

While discussing honesty in the use ICTs, Tyrone (interview excerpt, 16/09/2013), Louise (interview excerpt, 17/10/2013), Betty (interview excerpt, 01/11/2013) and Tim (interview excerpt, 12/09/2013) said that honesty is an important value in their own practices and that of their cohort. Louise considered honesty to be important in her uses as a means protection from problems associated with the use of ICTs (interview excerpt, 19/10/2013).

John

John Bellavance
Head of IT Faculty and eLearning
1300 002 225