[Informatics] SAT 1 - Informed Consent

Mark mark at vceit.com
Mon Feb 22 11:17:59 AEDT 2016

Hi permission-seekers

The Victorian DET offers a page on informed consent
<http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/research/Pages/informedconsent.aspx>.
It also purports to offer sample project information and consent forms, but
both links generate 403 errors... obviously I hadn't filled out my download
consent form properly.

The Uni of Wollongong uses the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in
Research Involving Humans
<http://www7.health.gov.au/nhmrc/publications/synopses/e35syn.htm>  to
offer advice and sample templates for assent forms.
https://www.uow.edu.au/content/groups/public/@web/@raid/documents/doc/uow014904.pdf

You might also want to visit Colorado College
<https://www.coloradocollege.edu/other/irb/consent/forms.html> which offers
some permission/participation templates. Although these are more aimed at
adult participants, they contain several useful ideas.

Similar forms are available at
https://www.agnesscott.edu/irb/files/documents/Sample-Consent-Form-for-Online-Surveys.doc
http://oprs.research.illinois.edu/files/OnlineSurveyICDTemplate.doc

There are lots to be found.