[Informatics] Amazon Snowmobile - what exactly is the bandwidth of a truck?

Mark mark at vceit.com
Mon Dec 5 11:32:04 AEDT 2016

Hi data-movers.

It's good to hear some *rational* and *sensible* design ideas being
proposed for mass-data movement.

However, all right-thinking people know that African Swallows
<http://legacy.python.org/search/hypermail/python-1994q2/0003.html> are
better than pigeons in terms of air-speed velocity.

This technique would serve for light-weight SD cards, but for large NAS
units, you'd obviously have to use use two African swallows together,
carrying the NAS using a standard creeper under the dorsal guiding feathers.

I'm looking forward to next year's SD exam which might ask students to
calculate how long it would take a team of eight African Swallows beating
their wings 43 times every second to carry 100 Petabytes of data 500 km.

Regards,
Mark

mark at vceit.com
http://vceit.com