[Informatics] Amazon Snowmobile - what exactly is the bandwidth of a truck?

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 11:11:11 AEDT 2016

Thanks Mark and Adric

Reminds me of the "IP over Avian Carriers" proposal that was proposed for
consideration by the BBN Labs Network Working group.
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149  This has even more potential for
expansion than your snowmobile proposal because of the extra bandwidth
gained by vertically stacking pigeons in the 3D cloud space. With capacity
is limited by avian leg length, Australian Internet Pigeon Carriers could
consider consider running with a higher capacity line of Ether Memory Units
(EMU's).

On 4 December 2016 at 13:37, Mark <mark at vceit.com> wrote:

> "AMAZON HAS A new service that makes Google Fiber seem slow. And it rides
> on 18 wheels...
>
> Even with a one gigabit per-second connection such as Google Fiber,
> uploading 100 petabytes over the internet would take more than 28 years. At
> an average speed of 65 mph, on the other hand, you could drive a Snowmobile
> [truck] from San Francisco to New York City in about 45 hours — about 4,970
> gigabits per second."
>
> Read more
>
> https://www.wired.com/2016/12/amazons-snowmobile-actually-
> truck-hauling-huge-hard-drive/
>
> --
>
> Mark Kelly
>
> mark at vceit.com
> http://vceit.com

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority <br>
> Teachers Association Inc <br>

*Roland Gesthuizen*
http://about.me/rgesthuizen

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead