[Cisco] Redistributing EIGRP

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Wed Jun 6 17:50:53 EST 2007

Hi Folks,

  I gave my students a Semeste 3 practice skills exam based on the
bridge exam number 1 when we did the instructor bridge from v2.14 to v
3.0.
Basically there are 3 routers A, B, C . And B use OSPF, and B and C use
EIGRP. We want to redistribute EIGRP routes to the OSPF area
dynamically.

After a few failures , it turns out that the problem was that default
metrics have to be set.
The redistribute ospf process-number on its own did not work as
default-metrics had to be set after this command.
See
http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=27839&seqNum=7&rl=1.

My question is, if you look at the link above, and the example given in
Fig 7.34, they use a diagram that doesn't make sense. Namely, the two
areas are not connected by a single router, rather by another serial
link not belonging to either routing protocol.

Does anyone else agree with this observation ?

Best Wishes

Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College
k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au