[Cisco] CCNA curriculum access problem

Jose Straube J.Straube at bhtafe.edu.au
Tue Jul 18 13:55:41 EST 2006

Hi Jim,

I have experienced the problem you are describing when trying to access the curriculum that is in a local hard disk. and the reason for that is the security feature of the new Flash/Shockwave files.
To get around that you will have to go through the following steps:

1) Make sure you are connected to the internet before starting and have the lates Flash version.
2) at the opening screen for the curriculum right click inside of the Flash window and select 'settings"
3) A little "Macromedia Flash Player Settings" window will appear, in there click the "advanced" button this will then connect you to the following web site: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html

4) Select the "Global Security Settings Panel" link that is displayed in the text on the right handside  under the

What can I do with the Settings Manager?

bullet point number 3.

Alternativelly you can try to click on the following link :
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html#117502

5) On the new page a "Macromedia Flash Player Settings Manager" will appear on the top right, in there there is a drop down menu "edit locations". Click on it and select >> Add Location.

6) A new window will open ("Trust this location") with four buttons, in here you can choose to type the path to the curriculum or browse to it (e.g.   D:\CCNA\   ). In my experience it is wise to point the "trust location" to the hardrive where the material is stored  (e.g. D:\ ) this way if you have more than one curriculum there you won't need extra locations set. Once you press the confirm button you will be back into the previous window but this time you will see the drive letter (and or  path) in the little window "trust files in thiese locations".

You should now be able to open the material without a problem. (You will still have to deal with the popup block from the XP service pack 2, if you are using it)

I hope this will help you.

Cheers,
Straube