[Yr7-10it] GameMaker?

Nat Bradshaw BradshawN at lowtherhall.vic.edu.au
Sat Jul 15 14:29:14 AEST 2017

Hi all,

I have upgraded to the new Game Maker Studio 2 and have found it to be a positive experience so far as the GML scripting language can be used to meet many of the requirements of the Digital Technologies curriculum.

It is important to remember that when teaching Digital Technologies you can’t just use one resource / language in the classroom. I teach algorithmic concepts predominantly with Python and then once the girls have an understanding of coding concepts use platforms like Game Maker and Unity to develop games.

I will be sharing a Game Maker Script tutorial which I have written at the DLTV Conference in a few weeks.

Nat Bradshaw
Maths and IT Teacher

PO Box 178 (17 Leslie Road)
Essendon, VIC 3040, Australia
ABN: 35 006 660 984
www.lowtherhall.vic.edu.au<http://www.lowtherhall.vic.edu.au>

T +613 9325 5000
E BradshawN at lowtherhall.vic.edu.au<mailto:bradshawn at lowtherhall.vic.edu.au>

This message, including any attachments, is provided without responsibility in law for its accuracy or otherwise and without assumption of a duty of care by Lowther Hall AGS. Whilst every attempt has been made to ensure material in this email is free from computer viruses or other defects, that attached files (if any) are provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for use of the material transmitted. This email is intended for use of the named individual, distribution or copying by anyone other than the intended recipient of this email is strictly prohibited. If this email has been received in error, then please notify Lowther Hall Anglican Grammar School immediately and destroy the original message.