[Yr7-10it] App Development course

Chris Bucknell Chris.Bucknell at haileybury.vic.edu.au
Tue Nov 25 11:04:59 EST 2014

Hi Travis,

Can't really help you out with a course, but as you're talking about app development on PC you should check out:
http://www.visualstudio.com/explore/cordova-vs

M$ have just released (as part of their Update 4 for Visual Studio or Visual Studio 2015 Preview) an extension to build cross-platform mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows devices using Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova

These tools enable you to build apps using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript based on Apache Cordova, and target these platforms:
-Android 2.3.3 and later (4.4+ provides the best developer experience)
-iOS 6, 7, and 8
-Windows 8 and 8.1
-Windows Phone 8 and 8.1

There are tutorials/examples online, and a new simulator for these tools, but I have one caveat.  That is I haven't started using this yet, but to the displeasure of my wife, I've put it aside for some Christmas holiday work :).

Regards

Chris Bucknell
Head of ICT; Coordinator, Internal Examinations
HAILEYBURY

Direct Ph: +61 3 9904 6360
Chris.Bucknell at haileybury.vic.edu.au