[Yr7-10it] file sharing on mobile devices

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Sat Feb 18 21:56:49 EST 2012

Hi Paul,

 I just set up a Webdav server yesterday on a Macbook ( on apache ) and
tested it with Webdav Navigator and I was impressed enough to spread the
word. We tested it with a few apps that did "see"  the Webdav server (
without Webdav Navigator ) as both an upload, download and file creation
option on an ipad. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who is using
an app that does not "see" the Webdav server as an option.

As far as your friends at Melbourne Uni wanting to share files on mobile
devices, this would do it for them ( common user/password or individual
users/passwords that access the same area ) as it runs on port 80 without
the need to open any other ports would it not ?

Kind Regards

Kevork Krozian
Edulists Creator Administrator
www.edulists.com.au