[Yr7-10it] STEAM Cloud's big day

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 02:06:47 EST 2010

Tomorrow Thursday is our big day with 3 important performances of the "Cloud
Dance" by my year 8 science class in our national capital in Canberra. We
have called ourselves the "STEAM Cloud Team" and I thought to share you
where we are up to and what we have been up to since my last post. Crikey,
we have all come a long way and we are still dancing!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iDJGZgTjXI (a recording of our last
dance at Monash Uni and before the VITTA conf)

I was hoping to get some photographs taken of the CloudSAT mirror but it has
not stopped raining for 2 days! Even the GLOBE rain gauge has flooded itself
over again and again then fell over with the weight of water. First locusts
then El Nina hits the bus with a vengeance. Aghhhh...

It has been a late evening with ironing, costume repairs and all the last
min issues related to any major school excursion that can often be fixed
with a hot cup of tea (sigh)  Standing over for lights out so we can all get
some sleep before our early start this Thursday. We have a final ceremony to
surprise the students with some CSIRO CREST medallions, they will be tickled
pink!

It will be sad to say goodbye to this class when we break up in a couple of
weeks at the end of our school year but a great for us all to have performed
in the national capital for other students and scientists. Kind of a great
big thank you for all the help that everybody has given us to get this far.

Thanks again for all your help! Wish us luck. Fingers crossed it all goes
well and our model earth does not go flat with a puncture :-)

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au