[Yr7-10it] PD panel session for Conference..

Phil Callil P.Callil at xavier.vic.edu.au
Sun Aug 1 07:02:15 EST 2010

Hi Kent,

Sorry for the slow response, I'm away at the moment. Happy to schedule whatever is the final idea. As I'm away for a while, could you submit this through the call for papers? It'll go ahead but we'll see where best to put it in terms of balance.

Thanks again.

Phil

>>> Kent Beveridge 30/07/10 2:31 PM >>>
sorry to appear to be a serial pest here folks...

just looked at my suggestion for the title of the session and think we should change it to:

Title:
"Access to PD for country and 'non-metro based' teachers. - an open forum for discussion "

Subtext:
'A panel based session to allow audience members the opportunity to discuss issues that relate to Professional Development for country based teaching staff. Topics may include : The technological challenges, Application of the materials presented to rural teachers, Avoiding deskilling by lack of updating due to distance issues, Flexible presentation tools(web based tools - Elluminate etc), Country vs City equal access to training...'

I feel this is better than my previously offered session name, and the subtext speaking personally, is a small list of issues I/we confront and that could be offered as discussion points.

Yes? No?

AJ, Phil? B? Sound good?

Kent.