[Yr7-10it] Essential skills

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:04:12 EST 2009

Sorry to return top this old thread. We did the same with a compulsory year
7 IT course and it has gone well. I even manged to add in some keyboarding
as a skill with rewards of joining in a Moodle session (ten fingers and
don't look at the home keys folks) I decided to go with calling it
Netiquette instead of cybersafety, thinking that we would do better to start
with something positive about what they should be doing rather than
focussing on what can go wrong (ala calling it a unit on spelling instead of
misspelling)

To keep it VELS friendly, it is good to explore links with other subjects.
Integrated Studies teachers are happy there is no need to assess for ICT and
can concentrate on just having fun teaching the units with ICT rich content.
Way to go :-)

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au