[Yr7-10it] Year 8 ICT research assignment

Kate Smallacombe kate.smallacombe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 14:03:41 EST 2009

Thanks for the advice all. I liked the ideas of putting a positive spin on
the issues, rather than why should we not pirate music but why should we pay
for music. I think these are the 6 topics I'll give my groups of 4. If I
think of 1 more, I'll make it groups of 3.

How can you avoid being cyberbullied?

Why should we pay for music?

Why should we pay for software?

What is open-source software? What is available? How can we benefit from it?

How safe is our information online? E.g. photos, letters that we send,
personal information

How can you tell the difference between fake/hoax emails and legitimate
emails? How I can be aware and not get scammed?

I'm going to get each group to research the topic and present to the class
using any method they want.

Thanks again for the help.

Kate