[Yr7-10it] New National Curriculum

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Mon Sep 7 22:50:17 EST 2009

Hi all,

Good to read Paula say today, "The good news is that at the moment ICT,
like literacy and numeracy, are high on ACARA’s agenda for development."

Great .. a well integrated, and still flexible, ICT scope and sequence,
with content & achievment, across Australia. Sounds like a kid SuperNet
coming up? A SelfHelp Community of kids taking Australia's ICT Sequence
education, which would soon be a big bonus for them and .Au if well run.

> From: "Paula Christophersen"<christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au>
>       <yr7-10it at edulists.com.au>
> Date:   Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:22:41 +1000
> Subject:   RE: [Yr7-10it] New National Curriculum

[Yr7-10it] New National Curriculum

Hi Anne and colleagues

I understand that there will be a scope and sequence developed for ICT
(content and achievement standards). How it will appear in the curriculum
documents is still under consideration. For example, in the current four
study areas being developed, it is possible that in some instances ICT
may actually be embedded in the content of these studies e.g. use ICT to
represent data in graph form (in maths); in other instances the ICT
content may be illustrated through the content elaborations (examples) in
each of these studies. How the rest will be handled, I’m not certain. The
good news is that at the moment ICT, like literacy and numeracy, are high
on ACARA’s agenda for development.

Regards

Paula

Paula Christophersen
ICT Curriculum Manager
VCAA

41 St Andrews Place
EAST MELBOURNE 3002

www.vcaa.vic.edu.au

 http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au

- Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority and

 http://www.vitta.org.au

- VITTA Victorian Information Technology Teachers Association Inc

--

Cheers Paula
Stephen Loosley